Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Last Sunday at the lake





We went to the lake on Sunday. Of course, the pupper had much different interests (possibly catching a swan) than I did (laying there, reading, watching people).
Oh, and the pupper wanted one more thing...to go swimming. Funny that a dog who wouldn't go past the first step of our pool in our old house just needs a gradual incline and she's in there. I was glad I kept her on the leash, actually, because I would have had to go in there in my Tevas and dress to get her. She was "loaded for duck" and would have swum out to those little dots near the dock.

And then there were the baby ducks - all 7 of them swimming with the mama duck. Luckily those were not around when the dog was in the water.

So many people were out there on Sunday. It was a really nice, single bus ride (see, this is what I'm going to miss if we move out to near M's work) down to the water, a great walk past more than one spot where the dog could go in the water, drink and ice cream stands. And finally we found our little spot of grassy hill, under a shady tree. It was a great afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment