Monday, February 13, 2012

Let me not grieve

There is no hole in my heart. There is no hole in our family. We are not grieving. The crying happened, and is over. We feel fine. I'm not in denial, it really just is ok. And while I know that some friends and family will still need to grieve, I hope it is not for us, not for this one event. We have a second chance right now, to take a hard look at life and figure out how to make it run a bit smoother and to put in some more energy reserves. To take things slower. And to just enjoy the current moments, instead of planning for tomorrow too much.

I am not sad. And I hope that people will not ask me to be sad. For some reason I feel like I need to even apologize for not being more affected by all that happened in the last 7 days. And I am resisting that urge.

I am also resisting the urge to keep swearing about how cold it is out there. And I will be continuing my usual blind trust of the iPhone weather app, that is usually so wrong about everything - the high, the low, the possibility of sunshine tomorrow and snow the next day. I will just nestle in happily believing that in 2 days this cold snap will be over, and my kid might actually want to sled on that white stuff outside I am so strangely excited about.

1 comment:

  1. Labas Audra, I've just been catching up with your blog and realized that a lot has happened since the last time I popped in. I'm glad that you are OK. xo - Rima

    ReplyDelete