Monday, February 13, 2012

By the end of the day, Feb 9th

The doctors, it turned out, were really great. Exactly what I hoped for: open to my many questions, aware of the risks of the d&c, able to talk about my worries and tell me about the options of just waiting or the pill. And then, once they had given all that information and answered, really, all of our questions, they were more than willing to let us talk about it and decide what we wanted. Even if it was not what they recommended.

It was exactly what I needed. And I opted to stay in hospital for the d&c.

The procedure was in the morning, in the hands of the director of gynecology, who has done many hundreds of these procedures, and whom I trusted given his demeanor the day before. He wasn't pushy. He didn't seem like he was going to be overly aggressive with the procedure. Sometimes, living in Switzerland is really a good thing.

By mid afternoon, the local anesthesia wore off, and I went home. And felt fine. And calm. Physically, mentally, emotionally.

Things had started, circled, oscillated, and settled down, and there was closure.

And I had some smoked salmon for breakfast on Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment