Sunday, September 4, 2011

Urp.


Turbulence soon overshadows the luxury of being able to sit in an exit row and not worry about buckling anyone's seat belt but my own. Guy next to me, perfectly capable of both buckling his seat belt and able to keep it buckled upon take off.

Hmmm. So is this nausea a combination effect? I haven't gotten air sick in many flights now, and on some I haven't taken any Dramamine. I wonder if stopping my antidepressants (as of a few days ago) has brought nausea back into my life. Granted, this is a bumpy flight but along with feeling more sensitive to the world of emotions, I seem to be more sensitive again to the world of inner ear imbalance.



(4 days later)

Yes, this is in fact a withdrawl symptom of the medication. Oi, oi, oi, being in a country where hospitality is underscored and threaded through and through with having guests eat, a lot, may not have been the best place to be to go through that. I was nauseous about 5-6 times a day, sometimes after eating something, sometimes when I was hungry, or in a car going down bumpy roads, or, in bed, lying still, and it just came over me. In retrospect, though, being on my own made it easier. I think a few relatives must have thought I was on a diet or something, but I ate when I could, and we all survived.

And my withdrawl side effects seem pretty mild compared to people who speak of "brain zaps" and other horrific-sounding things. Already today is starting to feel more stable.

I am home, back from Vilnius. When I download photos and have more than a minute to process the last 4 days, I'll write more. Let's just say it was a really nice trip and just set me up to be quite calm about going again, and looking forward to the opportunity.

No comments:

Post a Comment