Friday, May 8, 2009

Here goes...

So we've made it to Zurich, dog in tow, or rather, dog in cargo. We all survived, and have officially been here a week now. I'm still unsure of how long I'll sleep any given night, but last night was good - slept the whole night through. This morning, woke up to sunshine, birds singing outside, and this wonderful smell of green and spring.

Our apartment has 2 bedrooms, and is probably no more than 900 sq. ft. in size. Since this just means less to clean, and it has great light from all the tall windows, it is the perfect size for our first few months here. And if you wind up visiting us this summer, it is where you'll get to stay.










































It has been a busy, but good, week so far. I've told M that my current best friend is food. While Swiss food and I can't exactly go shopping together for clothes or see a movie, we can definitely sit at a cafe together, and when we get together to cook, there is not stopping us. The food here is so good. I'm talking about what is available at the grocer's (one tiny one is only 1 block away) and the farmer's market. I bought the best strawberries I have ever tasted, and a bag of fresh morels from Turkey at the market this week. I had forgotten it takes place on Wednesdays, and was only down at the train station to get some passport photos. The photo booth required exact change and all I had was one large bill - guess I have to buy some food!

You can get so many good looking, smelling, tasting things here, including cheese. I even had M print out a list of the cheeses I can and can't eat so that I'm not so caught out next week.

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE your blog! It looks and sounds like an idyllic place to live! Of course, all the talk of food thoroughly convinced me that I have to find my way there! How about some pics of you? I realize this is hard as your new BFF can't operate a camera, but it would be nice to see you, too. Thanks for putting this together! Carmen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! I think markets were the topic of my first post in Italy and the produce and cheese multiple others. It really is amazing isn't it.

    ReplyDelete