Wednesday, October 9, 2013

No deal

I didn't get the job. Didn't even get called back for the second round.

Crap.

I'm not all that surprised since I can't do the teaching in German that they wanted (in addition to in English, c'mon, I'm not that out of it to have applied to an all-German job). But still, dreams of having found my new little clan, like, actual human beings to see on a daily basis, that just went out the window again.

They were nice. And even asked me to propose a workshop I could teach for one of their programs. And that is lovely. But it also means me sitting some more, alone, trying to be inspired. And that well has just about dried up, people. It is 2:30pm on a Wednesday and I have yet to leave the house. The one person I interacted with who wasn't family was the dishwasher repair guy. And let me tell you, he got an earful of my carefully constructed logical arguments on what wasn't the problem with the dishwasher. The German words I used to make said arguments were probably only right 60% of the time, but the arguments themselves should have been quite impressive coming from what appears to be a stay-at-home housewife.

Well, ok, is a stay-at-home housewife at this point.

Because I didn't get the job. Crap.

I'm gonna go take a nap now, and think about what I can do when I wake up (in addition to some dishes I'm going to have to go wash by hand...again.).

No comments:

Post a Comment