Monday, March 12, 2012

My pants

I've packed all the maternity clothes back into a suitcase and it went down to the basement. Now the extra pants size I seem to have eaten my way to while I was pregnant is proving quite the bitch to lose. I've stopped eating sweets, I had a flu that took away my appetite for a few days, and I'm walking up hills again. But I'm not fitting in my pants anymore, and I'll be damned if I'm going to wear any maternity clothes. I mean, I feel fine about all that happened, but there is a point past which it becomes too much.

I guess it is time to go buy some bigger, non-maternity, pants.

In other mommy-life news, I've discovered that I can toast bread and then dry my hair while letting the oven broiler coll off afterwards. Superb. I'm sure that the European-ness bestowed upon me by not owning a toaster is not completely nullified by my drying my hair in front of an open oven door.

And in parents who just want to crash on the couch after baby's bedtime news, we have finally started watching what everyone else is long finished with - Battlestar Galactica. And as if it wasn't enough on its own, there was this episode from season 1 of Portlandia that just completed the look:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mw-SvzkMqhI

Sometimes, TV is all the culture I need.





No comments:

Post a Comment