Thursday, October 6, 2011

Steve Jobs and Sesame Street chickens

How many hundreds, thousands of posts today are going to be about Steve Jobs? I just heard on NPR, probably 12 hours late, that he passed away. It was one of the few plug-inable devices in our house that is not an Apple product. And I'm sad. In a heavy way. It is 11amI guess these cases where a human being, despite being extremely influential and rich and able to try everything it takes to get well dies, still really get to me. No hiding behind "If only I had....., I'd have gotten better." No hope remains in these cases. Individuals with huge drive and ingenuity, and bank accounts, can't stop terminal illnesses, either. A Nobel Prize was given to a doctor who died just a few days before the awards were announced, and who had tired to cure his own illness with all the latest, newest research-informed treatments from within a research institution.

At the same time, it is the last gorgeous day of early fall today. And I need to get out of this house and into the sunlight. I have some photons to absorb, and a daughter to pick up in a few hours. So my legs are shaved one last time to wear a skirt, I've finished downloading the newest artist I've learned about from Sesame Street You Tube videos, Feist, and I'm off to the big wide world.

"1, 2, 3, 4,, chickens just back from the shore, 1, 2, 3, 4,....."


No comments:

Post a Comment