Thursday, September 30, 2010

The true test of a diverse workplace

The directions option for Google maps lets me choose: by car, by public transport, or walking. And even the public transport option for Zurich includes a fair bit of walking. In a place this hilly, those "3 blocks" can mean all stairs. Many paths exist for going up and down the hills, "weg" this and "weg" that. Only a small fraction of them have any sort of ramps for strollers or wheelchairs.

Then there is the iCal function on my phone. I can set recurring events for hourly, daily, weekly, or monthly. Alas, as one of my recent, fairly emotional, posts can attest to, the Apple software does not come with a "once every 26-28 days" option.

I'm going to say that there are still not enough women working at either Google or Apple.

(What is good exercise for a pregnant lady is pretty much impossible with a stroller. 100 stairs on the walking part of Google directions.)

No comments:

Post a Comment