Wednesday, June 17, 2009

iPhone days

I've realized that there are two kinds of days I have here: iPhone days and cheap-post-office-pay-as-you-go-phone days. For a while now, the days have been switching between the two kinds on a daily or every other day basis.

Cheap-post-office...-phone days are the days when I'm tired, we're all having a rough time here settling in and even wanting to be here. They're days like when the pupper was still having bowel issues, I was getting ready to start German class and M had to come home early to help me take care of the dog even though he'd just made the decision to stay a bit longer to go to the gym at work. Those are the days when I think "we need cell phones, but if I get one for 40 or 50 CHF (same as US$ right now), and use a pre-payed plan, then when we decide we quit and are moving back to the US, it won't be such a painful monetary loss. It is my way of planning to cut our losses because obviously things are so hard here that we're leaving soon.

And then there are iPhone days. There are fewer of those so far, but they're the good days, when I'm walking the dog, we're all in a pretty calm state of mind, the weather it great, and I think how soon I want to get an iPhone so I can have a camera with me. I see all of these things in the neighborhood to take photos of, and I assume that this will be a longer term relationship with Zurich.

That said, I'm not sure (M asked me this when I told him about this scheme) how we're going to actually decide which phones to buy. Ha. We'll see.

1 comment:

  1. The iPhone is addictive but so convenient I think it has greatly reduced my computer usage...that is to say I'm at the computer less and iPhone more...eh wait a minute the total time of online life is growing! NOOOOO...wait how did we live before this?

    ReplyDelete