Tuesday, March 19, 2013

The internet is the shizzit.

I've been interspersing getting moving and work to-do-list things done with dreaming about how to decorate our new apartment. Now, in my brain, this can range from casual thinking all the way over to crazy obsessing and not sleeping as a result. I get antsy. I get unsettled, until things are most put in place and decorated.

In the process, I find website like this one, with 100 things I'd love to remember to think of doing with or for A, and another 100 that are just "c'mon, who has the time?" ridiculous.

I've also seen a lot of artwork. Again. On so many websites. I now belong to DailyPaintworks.com and have a variety of still lifes (I have yet to buy one, but food still life paintings intrigue the heck out of me), clouds, and trees marked. And some landscapes. Wow, are there both extremely talented painters (two of my favorites are Carol Marine and her still lifes, and Karin Jurick who I just found today and whose composition and colors and all of it have me really inspired), and the not-so-talented. The latter is the category my art would fit into, if I were a painter, and that's just fine. Perhaps not so much when you're charging as much as the more, what, talented? creative? folks, but whatever.

I've also been all over Etsy again, where I think I first saw Carol Marine's work. Again, wow the range of people painting and then asking others to pay money for their results. And again, I find myself thinking "man, maybe making a living as an artist isn't quite for you, huh? maybe just do it for yourself."

But then again, I can be a downer like that.

2 comments:

  1. Oh, man. This post is making *me* nervous because I recently opened an Etsy store where I am peddling . . . art.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your stuff would never make it to Regretsy.com, so you have naught to worry about, Rima. ApartmentTherapy.com said so.

      Delete