Thursday, October 8, 2009

I finally got one and it was gooood.

A creme-berliner. Basically a donut with no hole, cut in half, to make a heavy custard burger. I had one yesterday. Bought it at one of the main grocery stores here. Same place I bought the 2-pack last week. I had one and a friend had one. It was good, it left powdered sugar on my lips.

But that pack I bought last week? I didn't get to taste either one of them. Because there I was, showing the same friend around the apartment, putting out a few things for tea when she visited, and suddenly realizing that the dog was no longer trying to get my or her attention.

Hmmm.

Where was the dog, anyway?

Answer: in the kitchen, somehow very quietly having pulled the little plastic container holding the creme-berliner OFF the counter, onto the floor.

It took the dog a maximum of 15 seconds to single-pawedly eat what it took the two of us humans about 1 minute to do. The pupper did, however, also come out of the experience with powerdered sugar on her snout. Just like us.

15 seconds, and there were no more creme-berliners, and just a creme-filled dog. Lucky for her it didn't affect any digestive or "potty time" issues later that day.

So I'd been thinking about those little pastries the whole week, M even bought me a jelly filled one in town last weekend. But now that I've had the creme one, no contest.

That is one smart dog when it comes to stealing really yummy food.

No comments:

Post a Comment